top of page

Stockport Council Welfare Rights

Local independent advice and representation 

Stockport Council’s Welfare Rights Service has been providing free, independent and confidential advice since 1986.

Our team of experienced advisers can help you with complex benefit problems and represent you at benefits appeals

Universal Credit

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Attendance Allowance

Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

Tax Credits and Child Benefit

Pension Credit

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

And more

Home Visiting Service

If you need help to claim benefits and are unable to leave your home because of your health, disability or caring responsibilities, we can help you to complete a benefit claim form.

We can also help you collect the information and evidence needed to work out what benefits you’re entitled to and how much money you should get.

We can help when:

Your benefit(s) has been stopped or you have been sanctioned

Your claim has been refused

You have been found fit for work

You have been asked to pay money back

You have been told that you are not habitually resident

And more

We can help by:

Explaining the law

Helping you apply for a Mandatory Reconsideration

Preparing your case for appeal

Representing you at an appeal tribunal

Contact the Welfare Rights Service

If you need help completing the form, email or call 0161 217 6003

Request a Home Visit

If you need help completing the form, email or call 0161 217 6003

bottom of page